With the support of AHCJ’s generous funders, financial assistance will be available to a limited number of journalists who wish to attend Health Journalism 2023 in St. Louis March 9-12, 2023.
Typically, conference fellowships are place-based and open to full-time print, broadcast and online journalists, as well as part-timers or freelancers who derive the majority of their income from journalism. If selected for a fellowship, fellows may be asked to write an AHCJ story post and/or take some photos or shoot video during a conference session.
Available Health Journalism 2023 conference fellowship opportunities:
- Great Lakes Health Journalism Fellowship (includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin)
Conference fellowships* include:
- Conference registration fee
- One year’s membership in AHCJ (new or extended)
- Up to four nights in the conference hotel (Wednesday-Saturday)
- Up to $400 for travel assistance within the continental United States. This may not cover ALL travel costs.
*The Freelance Travel Scholarship does not cover conference registration or membership fees.
The application period for conference fellowships is now open. The deadline to apply is Jan. 25 at noon CST.