Republishing AHCJ Stories and Art
We want our stories shared widely for free by other journalism organizations. We welcome and encourage you to republish our journalism. Please follow these rules:
- Give us credit, ideally in this format: “By Jane Reporter, Association of Health Care Journalists.”
- If you publish online, include the links from the story, and a link to www.healthjournalism.org.
- It’s fine to change the story to suit your in-house style (for example, using “Lawrence, Kan.” instead of “Lawrence.”)
- If you make changes that are more significant than style tweaks — such as adding a comment from a local official — you need to include a note like this: “Additional reporting by Joe Reporter.”
- You can publish our photos and graphics only with the stories with which they originally appeared. For any other uses, seek permission.
- When possible, include the following at the end of the story: The Association of Health Care Journalists is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public understanding of health care issues. Its mission is to improve the quality, accuracy and visibility of health care reporting, writing and editing.
- If you share the story on social media, please tag/mention @AHCJ (Twitter), @AHCJofficial (Instagram) and @AHCJOfficial (Facebook).
- Don’t sell the story.
- Don’t sell ads against the story or place the story behind a paywall. Feel free, however, to publish it on a page surrounded by ads you’ve already sold.