Need help getting to Health Journalism 2022? AHCJ has fellowships available to help journalists attend, but the deadline for applying — February 28 — is coming up fast.
AHCJ Freelance Travel scholarships are open to freelancers who derive most of their income from journalism. If you aren’t a member, you must qualify for the professional membership category.
Eligibility varies per fellowship.
Here’s a list of all eight AHCJ conference fellowships:
- Freelance Travel Scholarship
- California Health Journalism Fellowships
- Missouri Health Journalism Fellowships
- Ethnic Media Health Journalism Fellowships
- New York Health Journalism Fellowships
- Rural Health Journalism Fellowships
- Colorado Health Journalism Fellowships
- Academic Health Journalism Fellowships
Fellowship benefits include:
- Free conference registration*
- Up to four nights complimentary at the downtown Hilton in Austin
- Up to $400 in travel expenses
- One year’s membership* (new or extended).
Freelance travel fellows will be responsible for registration and membership fees (renewal or new).
Applications must be submitted by noon Central Standard Time on Feb. 28. Fellowships and scholarships will be awarded and announced the following week.
The Freelance Travel scholarship is supported through repatriated international royalties from AHCJ’s membership in the Authors Coalition of America.
The remaining fellowships are supported by the following health foundations:
- California Health Care Foundation
- Missouri Foundation for Health
- Leona M. & Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust
- Health Foundation for Western & Central New York & New York State Health Foundation
- Colorado Health Foundation
- Rhode Island Foundation
For more information and to apply, visit the fellowships’ webpage.