- Editor-in-chief: David Westphal
- Managing editor: Richard Kipling
- Senior writer: Emily Bazar
- Senior writer: John Gonzales
- Senior writer: Deborah Schoch
Parks told me in 2008 that the California HealthCare Foundation decided to fund the pilot project because it believed coverage of health policy in the state was flagging. According to this week’s release, “The Center is funded by a three-year, $3.285 million grant from the California HealthCare Foundation, an Oakland-based independent, non-profit philanthropy whose mission is to improve the health and health care of all Californians.” Parks said he aims to complete at least 50 major projects during that period.