This program, aimed at better training reporters covering the health aspects of non-health beats, was supported this year by The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.
- Elizabeth Koh, health care reporter, The Miami Herald, Tallahassee bureau
- Mikayla Mace, science and higher education reporter, Arizona Daily Star
- Darryl Murphy, reporter, The Philadelphia Public School Notebook
- Tyler Patchen, reporter, Birmingham Business Journal
- Kathy Ritchie, reporter, KJZZ-Phoenix
- Katie Sanders, deputy editor, PolitiFact