The Subcommittee on Investigations & Oversight of the House Science & Technology Committee is having a hearing on the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry this morning. A recent investigation found that the agency “often obscures or overlooks potential health hazards,” according to The Associated Press.
The agenda and list of witnesses:
ATSDR: Problems in the Past, Potential for the Future?
- Mr. Jeffrey Camplin, President, Camplin Environmental Services, Inc.
- Dr. Ronald Hoffman, Professor, Tisch Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Professor Randall Parrish, Head, NERC Isotope Geosciences Laboratory, British Geological Survey
- Mr. Salvador Mier, Local Resident, Midlothian, Texas, and Former Director of Prevention, Center for Disease Control
- Dr. Henry S. Cole, President, Henry S. Cole & Associates, Inc.
- Dr. David Ozonoff, Professor of Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health
- Mr. Ronnie Wilson, Former Ombudsman, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Dr. Howard Frumkin, Director, National Center for Environmental Health/Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry