Public health crisis preparation: Following the money
A presentation from Health Journalism 2007 by Kristi L Koenig, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., professor of emergency medicine and director of Public Health Preparedness, Disaster Medical Sciences Center at the University of California at Irvine.
- Effects of 9/11 on federal funding
- Determining how to spend the money
- Hazards Vulnerability Analysis
- Focus on response
- Focus on buying "stuff"
- Are we spending money responsibly?
- How do we measure effectiveness?