Storify for health journalists
By Marian Liu (@marianliu)
1. Compiling tweets, photos, news stories from an event, i.e., chat, press conferences, news
1. Tweets from the 2011 Health Academy Conference (#PRSAHealth) – Who cheats and breaks science news reporting embargoes?
2. Telling a story through social media
3. Incorporating community response
1. How a Hospital presents news:
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – The pediatric hospital serves more than than 500,000 patients a year. The tweets kept them up-to-date on Julia’s procedure. Having the tweets tracked by Storify also allows their family to have a special way to recount this event in Julia’s life.
The story of the 2011 Napa Valley wine grape harvest as told by wineries throughout the valley.
3. Nonprofit news
Tips on Telling Your Cause’s Story Using Storify – Stories give someone else the opportunity to demonstrate the impact of your organization or campaign.
Help the Hospices – Asked people to summarize hospice care in just one word for Hospice Care Week
Marian Liu is the community manager at Storify.com.