Does Court Secrecy Undermine Public Health and Safety?
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary before the Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights held a hearing on “The Sunshine in Litigation Act: Does Court Secrecy Undermine Public Health and Safety?” on Dec. 11, 2007. Testimony and a webcast of the hearing are available.
Those testifying included:
- Johnny Bradley Jr. of Pachuta, Miss.
- Joseph F. Anderson, United States District Court Judge for the District of South Carolina
- Robert N. Weiner, partner, Arnold & Porter LLP; Washington, D.C.
- Leslie A. Bailey, Brayton-Baron Attorney, Public Justice, Oakland, Calif.
- Stephen G. Morrison, partner, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP; Columbia, S.C.
- Richard A. Zitrin, adjunct professor of law; University of California at Hastings, San Francisco