National Healthcare Quality Report, 2006
The 2006 NHQR, from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, includes 211 performance measures that can be used to monitor the nation's progress toward improved health care quality for all Americans. This report focuses on a group of 42 "core" measures representing the most important and scientifically sound measures of quality.
The report presents, in chart format, the latest available findings on the quality of health care in the general U.S. population, focusing on effectiveness, patient safety, timeliness, and patient centeredness.
The 2006 NHQR includes a report and two online appendixes:
- Highlights from NHQR Full Report (PDF File, 640 KB).
- NHQR Full Report (PDF File, 4.6 MB).
- Measure Specifications Appendix-Information on all data sources and measures analyzed.
- Data Tables Appendix-Detailed tables for all measures analyzed in the report overall and by State when available.
- State Snapshots-State-specific health care quality information and comparisons.
Print copies of the 2006 NHQR can be obtained from the AHRQ Publications Clearinghouse by calling 1-800-358-9295 or by sending an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask for the 2006 National Healthcare Quality Report (AHRQ Publication No. 07-0013).