Career Development: Job Postings
Job type: Freelance Position
Location: Melville, NY
Position: Contributing Editor for Ophthalmic Innovation Newsletter
Date posted: 09/04/19
Contributing Editor - The Ophthalmology Innovation Source Weekly Newsletter
General duties include:
1. Review news feeds and monitor breaking news on a daily basis to curate items for OIS Weekly news articles.
2. Write and/or assign articles to other existing freelance writers.
3. Ensure a "bank" of articles.
4. Collect and edit articles from contributors.
5. Coordinate production with our freelance copy editor and OIS staff to post.
6. Inform OIS production staff of artwork needs.
7. Write an introduction for weekly e-newsletter.
8. Select videos from OIS youtube channel to feature in weekly e-newsletter and write thumbnail narratives for e-newsletter.
9. Coordinate content from OIS Podcasts and OIS Index with staff and contributors.
10. Review newsletter test before it is released for distribution.
11. Attend and cover OIS events.
12. Provide relevant links on breaking news about ophthalmology companies for our social media team
10-20 Hours per week. Rate will be based on experience.
Please email a resume or brief history of your relevant work experience explaining why you are an appropriate fit.
Click here for additional information.