Career Development: Job Postings
Job type: Full-time Position
Location: New York, NY
Position: Associate SEO Editor
Date posted: 02/21/23
Associate SEO Content Writer/Editor
Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people – no matter where they are in their health journey – unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
Sharecare is looking for an Associate SEO content writer/editor to join the Media Operations team. The candidate must have experience writing on a variety of health and medical topics with basic knowledge of SEO best practices. The primary function of this role will be updating and optimizing Sharecare’s expansive library of health condition/disease-specific content. The candidate will also work closely with the SEO Manager to identify and optimize content to drive organic traffic to the Sharecare website.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, communication, project management and writing skills, high attention to detail, and at least 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
Above all, Sharecare is seeking an individual who shares its values in producing high-quality, accurate, and engaging content that inspires and empowers readers to take control of their own health journeys.
Location: New York, New York / Remote
Essential Job Functions:
• Write/optimize 2-3 pieces of health content each week
• Partner with SEO Manager to ensure content is optimized for organic search
• Collaborate with Editorial team to confirm content quality and medical accuracy
• Regularly meet with Media Operations team to communicate content updates, campaign progress, and new strategies and ideas
Specific Skills/ Attributes:
• Ability to write clear, accurate, and engaging health content
• Comfort managing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate and work collaboratively across multiple teams and departments in a large organization
• Familiarity with content management/publishing platforms a plus
• Basic knowledge of optimizing content for SEO required (e.g., meta tags, heading structure, internal linking, keywords, etc.)
• At least 1-3 years of experience writing/editing health-focused content
• Prior experience using SEO or keyword research tools is preferred, but not required
• Role location is flexible (NYC office, Atlanta office, remote)
Sharecare and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.
Interested candidates may send resumes/cover letters to Andrew Burd, SEO Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.