Career Development: Job Postings
Job type: Full-time Position
Location: Vienna, VA
Position: Editor in Chief
Organization: 340B Report
Date posted: 01/23/23
WHO WE ARE
340B Report is a subscription news service (email newsletter and website) that covers the U.S. Health and Human Services Department’s 340B Drug Pricing Program and related prescription drug pricing policy issues. We launched in 2020, broke many stories, and dominate the market for news and analysis on this policy battlefield.
WHAT WE NEED
We are growing and need a savvy, seasoned editor/reporter to join our team. We need someone who knows the drug pricing beat, enjoys this subject, likes beating the competition, works hard, meets deadlines, is flexible, is a team player, and above all can write and edit well and supervise other reporters and members of our editorial production team. We want someone who is proactive and can develop expert-level knowledge of 340B policy and legal affairs and relationships with trusted sources. We will expect you, in short time, to know this beat well enough to anticipate developments and propose stories. You will be mentored by and report to our current Editor-in-Chief prior to his transition to a part-time role in the Fall and you will report to the Publisher and CEO after that time.
• 5 years of experience in health care journalism
• Metropolitan Washington, D.C., resident preferred but not required. Position is virtual.
• Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel in particular)
• Background in and passion for the fight over why prescription drugs cost so much in the U.S., and how high drug prices affect health care providers and their patients
• Ability to write clearly about complex topics including federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial drug pricing developments
• Write and edit articles for twice-weekly regularly scheduled issues as well as breaking news and alerts
• Experience and strong comfort in deadline reporting and editing
• Experience supervising others
• Experience and interest in enterprise reporting
• Experience and interest in public speaking and willingness to travel on occasion
• Bonus points: Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, Mailchimp, creating charts and infographics.
Please send a one-page cover letter, resume and two recently published articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know how you heard about the job opportunity. Position includes a generous salary and benefits package. Salary will be dependent on experience in the field.