The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008: Impact on Disability Discrimination
07/23/13 Washington, DC
1–2:30 p.m. ET
Congressional, civil rights and business community champions of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act will make brief remarks to mark the fifth anniversary of the ADAAA. That will be followed by the release and summary of National Council on Disability’s latest report, "The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008: Impact on Disability Discrimination," which will provide an analysis of federal court cases decided under the ADAAA since it went into effect in January of 2009.
Space is limited and seating will be first-come, first-serve. CART and a sign language interpreter will be provided.
Speakers will include:
- Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.)
- Chai Feldblum, commissioner, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Nancy Zirkin, executive vice president, Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Wade Henderson, president and CEO, Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Professor Robert L. Burgdorf Jr.
The event will be live tweeted using #NCDADA.