Training: Workshops & Seminars
An Advance Look at Pediatric Cancer Research and Treatment Discoveries
11/28/11 Philadelphia, PA
This AHCJ Philadelphia chapter event will be an update on advances in pediatric oncology research and treatment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) on Monday, Nov. 28, 5:30-8 p.m. Download a PDF flier with details.
The event will consist of laboratory tours followed by an informal discussion with featured researchers:
- John Maris, M.D., Chief, Division of Oncology, and director, Center for Childhood Cancer Research
- Stephan Grupp, M.D., Ph.D., Director of Translational Research, Center for Childhood Cancer Research
- Frank Balis, M.D., Director of Clinical Research,Center or Childhood Cancer Research
- Tom Curran, Ph.D., Deputy science officer, Research Institute
- Anne Kazak, Ph.D., Section chief, Behavioral Oncology
The event is free, includes light refreshments and is open to health care journalists from the Philadelphia, New York and Washington, D.C., chapters, as well as from other regions who are interested in attending.
R.S.V.P. by Nov. 17 to Rachel Salis-Silverman at 267-426-6063 or Salis@email.chop.edu.
If you have any questions about the event or the Philadelphia chapter, please contact Eric Rosenthal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-649-1375.