Access Denied: Science News and Government Transparency
10/03/11 - 10/03/11 Washington, DC
An investigation in the current issue of Columbia Journalism Review finds that despite President Obama's early promise to create an open government, the nation's science reporters feel there has been little to no progress since Bush was in office. The National Press Club will host a panel of journalists and invited administration officials to critique what journalists and the government are (or aren't) doing to change that.
- Curtis Brainard, CJR science editor
- Joseph Davis, Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ)
- Felice Freyer, Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ)
- Darren Samuelsohn, Politico's senior
- Clothilde Le Coz, Reporters Without Borders energy and environment reporter
Representatives of the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Health and Human Services and the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy have been invited.
The National Press Club offices are located at 529 14th Street NW, Washington, D.C.
To reserve, call: 202-662-7501