Presentation on Jewish health and health care issues and challenges
06/02/11 Cleveland, OH
Article from this meeting: Health care issues for Jews are focus of session for writers, Pohla Smith, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
This presentation will focus on:
- Various groups making up the northeast Ohio Jewish community
- Health care use and perceptions common in different groups
- Specific health issues affecting Jews
- An update on health research issues primarily affecting Jews
- An intro to JewHealth.org
Speaker Dr. Mendel Singer is the director of Jewish Community Health Initiative and professor in the Public Health and Health Services Division at Case Western Reserve University Medical School. He is also a web editor for JewHealth.org.
Speaker Rabbi Akiva Feinstein is a spiritual care adviser at Montefiore Medical Center in Cleveland.
When: June 2, 6-8 p.m.
Where: Beachwood, Ohio, at the Cleveland Jewish News, the local weekly Jewish paper.