Health Journalism 2007
03/15/07 - 03/18/07 Los Angeles, CA
Annual conference of the Association of Health Care Journalists
More than 400 journalists attended Health Journalism 2007, AHCJ’s annual conference produced by the Center for Excellence in Health Care Journalism, gathering story ideas and resources. AOL and Revolution Health founder Steve Case offered the keynote address on Saturday, following the presentation of the 2006 Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism. On Friday, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger spoke about his plan for health care and answered questions. Journalists heard from creators and actors from today’s hottest TV health shows, as well as experts in health care policy, top journalists in the field and many others.
The conference included two new workshops; three field trips to witness unique research and clinical work at USC, UCLA and City of Hope; and dozens of classes and panel sessions.
Webcasts and podcasts of some sessions are now available, as well as a slideshow. We will be adding more resources in the coming days and weeks.
- In a special Newsmaker Briefing, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his health team will discuss health-care policy in California and its implications nationally.
- A conversation with Steve Case, founder of AOL and Revolution Health
- A Hollywood and Health roundtable, with writers and producers from Grey's Anatomy, House and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit; and actors from General Hospital
- Presentation of annual Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism
- Field trips to check out the latest medical research and clinical work at USC, UCLA and City of Hope
- A special roundtable on stem cell policy and where it's headed
- News conferences to generate breaking news reports
- Chances to unwind and network at a poolside opening-night reception at the hotel and a Saturday night reception at Café Tu Tu Tango in nearby CityWalk
Exhibitors and Advertising
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City