Discuss health care reform forum
09/24/09 Atlanta, GA
With apologies for the last-minute notice, the Atlanta chapter of the Association of Health Care Journalists is having an impromptu meeting this week on the hottest domestic topic in years: health care reform.
We're piggybacking off a just-announced town hall forum that will be held Thursday, 6-8:30 p.m. at Atlanta's Hyatt Regency Hotel, 265 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta. The forum is sponsored by Aetna Inc.
If you can't make the start of the town hall, drop by later on. And plan to meet up afterward in the hotel bar in the lobby, the Parasol, to chat about health care and other issues.The town hall event is free and open to the public.
The forum features some heavyweights, including Dr. David Satcher, former U.S. surgeon general and director of The Satcher Health Leadership Institute and Center of Excellence on Health Disparities at Morehouse School of Medicine.
Also on the panel:
- Dr. Sheila Robinson, a cardiologist and president of the Georgia State Medical Association
- Dr. Kenneth Thorpe, professor and chair of the Department of Health Policy and Management at Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health
- Dr. Rhonda Medows, commissioner of the Georgia Department of Community Health
- Mohit Ghose, head of public affairs for Aetna
- Moderated by CNN anchor Tony Harris