Career Development : Calendar
Delivering Vital Health Information to the Public
09/11/08 Columbia, MO
This session will be presented at the Futures Forum at the Centennial/Dedication at the Missouri School of Journalism.
Technology is providing consumers with unprecedented access to health-related information. Disseminating the information that comes from both medical practitioners and the media is made more difficult both in understanding and trust. In this session health reporters and public health information officers will lead a discussion about the complicated roles of journalists and sources in this new environment and what the future may hold. While this relationship can be both friendly and antagonistic, the ultimate goal is to present citizens with timely, helpful health information that everyone can understand.
Speakers will include:
- Harold Burson, founder of Burson-Marsteller
- John T. Burklow, associate director for communications and public liaison, National Institutes of Health
- Susan Dentzer, editor in chief of Health Affairs
- Glen Nowak, chief of media relations at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mike Stobbe, health reporter at The Associated Press