Please welcome these new professional and student members to AHCJ.
All new members are welcome to stop by this post’s comment section to introduce themselves.
- Kazi Awal, student, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Christine Ayala, health care reporter, The Hill, Washington, D.C. (@christine_ayala)
- Arun Batra, student, Boston
- Margarita Birnbaum, reporter, American Heart Association News, Dallas (@mbirnbaumnews)
- Barbara Bronson Gray, independent journalist, Cambria, Calif. (@bbgrayrn)
- Jeff Byers, associate editor, Healthcare Dive, Washington, D.C. (@jeffpbyers)
- Larry Canale, editorial director, University Health News, Norwalk, Conn.
- Sarah Chacko, senior reporter, The Hill, Washington, D.C. (@sarahheartsnews)
- Lauren Clason, reporter, The Hill, Washington, D.C. (@LaClason)
- Maureen Connolly, editorial director, Vertical Health, Montclair, N.J. (@connollym)
- Lindsey Cook, data editor, U.S. News & World Report, Washington, D.C. (@lindzcook)
- Paige Cunningham, healthcare reporter, Washington Examiner, Alexandria, Va. (@pw_cunningham)
- Stephanie Daniel, student, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Ayla Ellison, managing editor, Becker’s Hospital Review, Brooklyn, N.Y. (@aylaellison)
- Todd Feathers, reporter, Lowell Sun, Lowell, Mass. (@toddfeathers)
- Lisa Fields, independent journalist, Cherry Hill, N.D.
- William Fortuna, student, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, Brooklyn, N.Y. (@fortunatefolly)
- Juli Fraga, independent journalist, San Francisco (@dr_fraga)
- Casey Harper, reporter, The Hill, Washington, D.C. (@CaseyHarper33)
- Laura E. Herberg, special projects producer, WDET-Detroit (@DetroitLaura)
- John Hillkirk, senior editor, Kaiser Health News, Annandale, Va. (@johnhillkirk)
- Nielsen Hobbs, editor, The Pink Sheet, Washington, D.C.
- Sara K. Howe, student, East Carolina University, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Winston Jackson, student, University of Texas School of Public Health, El Paso, Texas
- Sam Kennedy, health reporter, The Morning Call, Allentown, Pa.
- Jonathan LaMantia, reporter, Crain’s New York Business, Oceanside, N.Y.
- Dianne Lange, independent journalist, Carnelian Bay, Calif.
- Rory S. Linnane, reporter, USA Today Network-Wisconsin, Appleton, Wis. (@rorylinnane)
- Ruojing Liu, student, Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, Washington, D.C. (@rj_liu)
- Joy Manning, independent journalist, Philadelphia (@joymanning)
- Allee Mead, web writer, Rural Health Information Hub, Grand Forks, N.D.
- Elizabeth Monaghan, editor, Sharecare, New York
- Laura Moorhead, assistant professor, San Francisco State University, San Francisco (@laura_moorhead)
- Michael Murphy, student, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, New York
- Heather Onorati, content channel director, UBM Medica, North Olmstead, Ohio (@honorati)
- Alyssa Pagano, student, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Nicola Parry, independent journalist, Lafayette, Ind. (@parrymedwriting)
- Gabriel Perna, managing editor, Physicians Practice, Stamford, Conn. (@gabrielsperna)
- Rose Rimler, independent journalist, Portland, Ore. (@rosenrimler)
- Michael Riviello, managing editor, The Does Daily, Drexel Hill, Pa. (@TheDoseNews)
- Elisabeth Rosenthal, editor-in-chief, Kaiser Health News (@nytrosenthal)
- Alex Ruoff, reporter, Bloomberg BNA, Arlington, Va. (@alexruoff)
- Anna Sharratt, independent journalist, Toronto, Ontario (@annasharratt)
- Dava Stewart, independent journalist, Signal Mountain, Tenn. (@davastewart)
- Tracy Townsend, news anchor/medical correspondent, WBNS-Columbus, Ohio (@TracyT10TV)
- Brandon Wang, student, Keck School of Medicine, New York
- Joel Wolfram, student, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, Brooklyn, N.Y. (@joelwolfram)
- Kevin Yu, student, University of Illinois, Chicago
If you haven’t joined yet, see what member benefits you’re missing out on: Access to more than 50 journals and databases, tip sheets and articles from your colleagues on how they’ve reported stories, conferences, workshops, online training, reporting guides and more. Join AHCJ today to get a wealth of support and tools to help you.
Judi Huck editor & writer, American Thoracic Society @7huck @atscommunity
I’ll introduce myself. I’m pretty new to this field, having switched from science to journalism via the AAAS Mass Media Fellowship last summer. Now I have a regular gig writing news for healthline.com and am pitching pieces to other outlets.
It wasn’t so long ago that I was studying oyster population dynamics, and now I’m writing about things like HIV research and pharmaceutical pricing– on top of navigating life as a freelance writer. So I’m very grateful to have this community and this site as a resource.