AHCJ member benefit: JAMA/Archives
JAMA & Archives journals offer online access to embargoed content, as well as current and past issues. This includes JAMA and the nine specialty Archives Journals, published by the American Medical Association.
- JAMA is published weekly, 48 issues per year, and is posted on the Web site at 3 p.m. on Tuesdays. JAMA, published continuously since 1883, is an international peer-reviewed general medical journal published 48 times per year. JAMA is the most widely circulated medical journal in the world. The editor-in-chief of JAMA is Catherine DeAngelis, M.D., M.P.H.
- The Archives of Internal Medicine is published twice a month and is posted on the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 3 p.m.
- The Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine and Archives of General Psychiatry are published monthly and are posted on the first Monday of the month.
- The Archives of Neurology and Archives of Ophthalmology are published monthly and are posted on the second Monday of the month.
- The Archives of Dermatology, Archives of Surgery, and Archives of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery are published monthly and posted at 3 p.m. on the third Monday of the month.
- The Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery is published bimonthly and is posted at 3 PM on the third Monday of odd months.
- Archives of Family Medicine was published from 1998 through 2000 and the full text of the journal is available online free of charge.
By signing-up for access to JAMA & the Archives journals, you are agreeing to honor all embargoes set by the journals. Archives embargo lifts Monday at 3 p.m. central time and the JAMA embargo lifts Tuesdays at 3 p.m. central time. For more information, please visit www.jamamedia.org.